KDKB’s “Shmonty’s Stupid Bowl” Contest Rules
1. This contest is open to residents of the State of Arizona who have a valid social security number and are 21 years of age or older on or before January 14, 2013. For purposes of this Contest, a person is deemed to be a resident of Arizona if he or she is (i) a legal residence of , (ii) stationed at a military installation located in Arizona or (iii) a full time student registered at a college, university or other educational institution located in Arizona. Employees of KDKB, KDKB’s affiliated Phoenix stations, AEG Live and their affiliates, and their immediate families are not eligible for this Contest.
2. This Contest will run weekdays from January 14, 2013 through January 30, 2013.
3. KDKB will solicit contestants to listen each weekday throughout the day for one week starting on January 14, 2013 through January 30, 2013. When the on-air personality plays the special Cue To Text Sounder, listeners need to TEXT “stupidbowl” to 68683. All listeners who text “stupidbowl” to 68683 anytime within 10 minutes of the sounder airing, qualifies for the grand prize – dinner for a maximum of 20 people from Twin Peak Restaurants, $150 gift card for drinks at a grocery store, and a brand new 55” HD LCD TV from Walt’s TV & Home Theater.
Listeners can also register to win the grand prize trip by sending in their name, address, phone number, and birthdate to: KDKB Stupid Bowl Contest, 1167 W. Javelina Ave., Mesa, AZ 85210. You can also stop by the KDKB studios at the same address to register to win.
4. The Grand Prize of Shmonty’s Stupid Bowl is valued at $1,949
The Grand Prize consists of: A 55” HD LCD TV from Walt’s TV & Home Theater, dinner for a maximum of 20 people from Twin Peak Restaurants, and $150 gift card for drinks at a grocery store.
5. Individuals announced as winners of the Contest will be required to visit KDKB’s office during regular business hours and sign an of eligibility and release in order to obtain the Contest Prize. A winner is required to appear in person and must produce two forms of identification, showing his or her valid social security number, current address and proof-of-age.
6. Contest Prizes not claimed within 30 days of notification will be forfeited and remain the property of KDKB.
7. By registering for this Contest, an announced winner grants KDKB permission to use the contestant’s name, voice and likeness for /trade purposes without further consent or compensation to contestant.
8. A winner is responsible for all local, state and federal taxes incurred on the value of the Contest Prize. An IRS Form 1099-MISC will be completed and filed with the IRS by KDKB for the value of the Contest Prize.
9. KDKB reserves the right to change the contest and rules at any time. Such change will be accompanied by on-air announcements explaining the changes and reflected in an update version of the rules at that time.
10. KDKB’s interpretation of these official contest rules shall be final.
11. KDKB disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone text due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the KDKB’s control, or otherwise.
12. KDKB, Twin Peak Restaurants, Walt’s TV & Home Theater and their parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies and their respective officers, directors employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the promotion.
13. If the announced winner has won another KDKB prize within the last thirty days of winning this Contest, they are not eligible to win the Contest Prize. Similarly, a winner of this Contest is ineligible to win a prize in another KDKB contest for 30 days after his or her name was announced as a winner of this Contest.
14. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
15. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local regulations and is void where prohibited.
16. To receive a copy of these contest rules, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: KDKB’s Shmonty’s Stupid Bowl Contest Rules, c/o KDKB, 1167 W. Javelina Ave, Mesa, AZ 85210.