After you're done removing the lights and ornaments, consider recycling your Christmas tree at sites around the valley.
The City of Phoenix is offering various parks as Christmas tree recycling sites. Trees can be dropped off at these participating parks anytime between Wednesday and Jan. 5:
· Deer Valley Park, 19th Avenue and Utopia Road
· Paradise Valley Park, 40th Street south of Union Hills Drive
· Sereno Park, 56th Street and Sweetwater Avenue
· Cactus Park, 38th Avenue and Cactus Road
· Mountain View Park, Seventh Avenue south of Peoria Avenue
· Marivue Park, 59th Avenue and Osborn Road
· Washington Park, 23rd Avenue and Maryland Avenue
· Madison Park, 16th Street and Glenrosa Avenue
· Los Olivos Park, 28th Street and Devonshire Avenue
· Desert West Park, 67th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard
· El Reposo Park, Seventh Street and Alta Vista Road
· Mountain Vista Park, 50th Street just north of Ray Road
· Desert Foothills Park, Desert Foothills and Chandler Boulevard
· Cesar Chavez Park, 35th Avenue and Baseline Road
Residents can also bring their Christmas trees to A to Z Equipment Rentals and Sales, at 4050 E. Indian School Road or 15634 N. 32nd St.
They'll accept them at no charge from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday through Jan. 5, except on Dec. 31, trees will be accepted from 9 a.m. to noon. The stores will be closed Dec. 30.
Residents also have the option of recycling Christmas trees at transfer stations at 30205 N. Black Canyon Highway and 3060 S. 27th Ave. They'll accept them from 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturdays and 6 a.m. to noon on New Year's Eve. They're closed Sundays and New Year's Day.
The trees must be free of decorations, tree stands and other hardware before they are dropped off in the designated drop-off areas.
Parks will accept living container-grown trees that are 15 gallon-sized or 24" box-sized. The trees can be delivered to a nearby maintenance facility to be planted at a local park. The trees must be Aleppopine (Pinus halepensis), Eldrica pine or Goldwater pine (Pinus eldarica), CanaryIslandpine (Pinus canariensis) or Chir pine (Pinus roxburghii).
To find a Christmas tree recycling location outside of Phoenix, visit Earth911.com
More locations and events:
City of Mesa free Christmas tree drop-off points
Open 24 hours a day from Dec. 26 through Jan. 13
730 N. Mesa Drive
6935 E. Decatur Street
2430 S. Ellsworth Road,
854 N. Lindsay Road,
2363 S. Dobson Road.
I Recycle Phoenix Festival
Christown Spectrum Mall
19th Avenue and Bethany Home Road
Dec. 28, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
**story stolen from MyFoxPhoenix