PHOENIX, Ariz., February 16, 2012 -- The Junior League of Phoenix, Inc. (JLP) presents their 75th Annual Rummage Sale on Saturday, February 25 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Arizona Exposition & State Fair. The annual rummage sale provides bargain hunters a huge array of new and gently-used items at unbelievable rock-bottom prices, with proceeds benefiting the local community. There will be a tremendous variety of items available at this year’s sale including baby items, furniture, clothing, toys, art, collectibles, jewelry, electronics, sporting goods, designer handbags, house wares, home office supplies, store closeouts and much more.
WHAT: 75th Annual Junior League of Phoenix Rummage Sale
WHERE: Arizona Exposition & State Fair Exhibit Building
1826 West McDowell Road, Phoenix, AZ 85007
WHEN: Saturday, February 25th
8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 to 4 p.m.
COST: Admission is $5 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., free from 1 to 4 p.m.
At 1 p.m. all items will be priced at 50% off.
PARKING: Parking at the Arizona Exposition & State Fair is $10.
Bargain hunters can kick off their shopping experience early at the Rummage Pre-Party on Friday, February 24 from 6 to 10 p.m. at the Arizona Exposition & State Fair. Tickets are limited and available online at www.jlp.org. The pre-party provides an exclusive opportunity to shop the rummage sale before the general public while enjoying a catered meal, silent auction, and fun.
ABOUT THE RUMMAGE SALE:
Arizona's largest indoor garage sale is hosted every year by the Junior League of Phoenix to help generate much-needed funding for community and nonprofit programs supported by the league. The Junior League of Phoenix's Annual Rummage Sale offers value to bargain hunters who appreciate the thrill of finding new, almost-new and gently-used treasures for low prices. Last year’s event raised over $100,000 for JLP’s community programs.
In addition to the rummage sale, JLP is proud to once again partner with the Phoenix Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation in providing free mammograms to the first 40 uninsured and underinsured women who qualify on Saturday at the rummage sale site. The mammograms are provided on a first come, first served basis and begin at 8 a.m.
Proceeds from the rummage sale and the pre-sale party will benefit the following community Junior League of Phoenix programs:
- ROCKETS – Raising Our Children's Knowledge by Educating Through Science is a JLP theme-based early literacy program focused on developing the math and science skills of at-risk pre-K children in Maricopa County.
- Kids in the Kitchen – a JLP program that helps to empower youth to adopt healthy habits and reverse the growth of childhood obesity in Maricopa County.
- Family Literacy Plus – JLP volunteers facilitate quarterly family literacy nights designed to link literacy with fun, motivate children to read, and engage families and community members in demonstrating to children the importance of reading.
- Girls Scouts 1st Saturdays Program - JLP volunteers serve as troop leaders for a group of economically challenged and ethnically diverse girls aged 5-12.
- Fowler Expansion Project - JLP is a partner to ensure family literacy and success of the parents with their kids by volunteering time towards the enrichment programs.
- Get Ready to Read! – trained JLP volunteers screen children ages 3 to 5 for pre-reading skills and provide skill-strengthening activities to ensure reading success.
- Valley Impact Projects – one day projects staffed by JLP volunteers that support an immediate urgent need in Maricopa County.
ABOUT THE JUNIOR LEAGUE OF PHOENIX:
The Junior League of Phoenix, Inc. is an organization of over 1,300 women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the Valley of the Sun through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Currently in their 77th year, JLP has invested millions in the community and contributes over 100,000 volunteer hours annually. Current league projects include a focus on improving early childhood education in the Metro Phoenix community.
For more information about the 75th Annual Rummage Sale or The Junior League of Phoenix, please visit www.jlp.org or call The Junior League of Phoenix Headquarters at (602) 234-3388.