The #1 reason cited for not donating: No one ever asked me.
I’m here asking for your donation and help. 93.3 KDKB has teamed up with United Blood Services to ask KDKB listeners to be a hero. This week you can save lives by donating blood at a United Blood Services Donor Center between 10am and 7pm on Wednesday or Thursday, December 28th or 29th!
I will be at the Paradise Valley Mall (entry 4 near Sears) from 1-3pm this Thursday, December 29th. I’ll be donating and I’m interested to see who will have the fastest donation time.
Some of the stuff you get some for donating:
- A voucher for a one-day Waste Management Phoenix Open gate pass, compliments of The Thunderbirds.
- You’ll be entered in the December 31st Raffle that includes a 6-pack of one-day gate passes to the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
- Also all donors get a chance to win a travel package with 4 great vacations at resorts across Arizona, plus a $100 Valero Corner Store gas card.
There are various reasons to donate blood especially this time of year, between Christmas and New Year’s Day donations are down but demand goes up. One in three people will eventually need blood.
Who benefits from the donation?
- Children being treated for cancer, premature infants and children having heart surgery need blood and platelets from donors of all types, especially type O.
- Anemic patients need blood transfusions to increase their red blood cell levels.
- Cancer, transplant and trauma patients, and patients undergoing open-heart surgery may require platelet transfusions to survive.
Did you know about 1 in 7 people entering a hospital needs blood. Here in Arizona it takes 8 donors to fulfill patient blood needs for just 15 minutes.
If you can't donate this week make an appointment at a United Blood Services donor center near you, call 1-877-UBS-HERO or visit www.BloodHero.com.
I hope to see you this Thursday and be sure to tell United Blood Services that 93.3 KDKB sent you!